Wednesday, October 17, 2007

dream babies



We had a couple of "firsts" in the past week. Alistair can now reach and grab for things, he can also roll over and back again. I didn't believe Mimi when she told me that he had done this while she was watching him. Perhaps because like all parents you want to be there to witness your baby's firsts. But lo and behold, this morning when we were playing on the bed he performed the said feat.

Pumpkin Patch
In general Alistair has become a lot easier to go on outings with as he has gotten older. And I was so excited for our trip to the pumpkin patch. This is his first Halloween and I couldn't wait to get some shots of him in front of his pupmkin at the patch. Unfortunately he cried the whole time. My sister snapped a few gratuity photos to document his misery and said to me, "I had to learn that my child would not always be my dream baby." (refering to his cousin Bijou). So I am effectively letting go now of all future expectations and truely appreciating the times when he is a dream.

No comments: