Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Due.


Today is that day on the calendar we've been waiting for for 9+ months. I had my suspicions that he would be late and now as the day slips into the better half I am convinced our little darling will not be making an appearance for another week or so. Nevertheless, I devoutly went to my last pilates session this morning and then to the chiropractor and then to the acupuncturist with the heartfelt plea at each session of "Please help me to get my baby to come out." No matter how much we understand about the human form and the miracle of birth, there is still this great chasm of mystery as to how it all works. There is a little person living in my belly. Ooooh! And he just kicked me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Come on, baby Alistair! Come on, baby!

My thoughts are with you guys (and Kate, I LOVE this shot of you!).